Question: What Is A Savings Suspension KiwiSaver?

How do I suspend my KiwiSaver?

To apply for a savings suspension you can:Apply online if you’re registered for My KiwiSaver, or.Print off and complete a Savings suspension request (KS6) and post it to Inland Revenue (address details are on the form), or.Call Inland Revenue on 0800 549 472 (0800 KIWISAVER)..

What is a KiwiSaver contributions holiday?

Savings suspension (formerly known as Contributions holidays) Once you’ve been a KiwiSaver member for 12 months or more, and have been making regular contributions from your salary or wages, you can apply to Inland Revenue to take a savings suspension.

What is a savings suspension?

A savings suspension is a break from making employee contributions, and can last anywhere from 3 months to 1 year – it’s up to you. Your employer doesn’t have to make contributions while you’re on a savings suspension, but must start again once the savings suspension ends.

Can you put KiwiSaver on hold?

You can apply for an early savings suspension, if you’ve made a KiwiSaver contribution and you’re experiencing, or likely to experience financial hardship. … The default period for a savings suspension is 3 months. Depending on your circumstances we may give you up to 1 year.